Sunday, November 2, 2008

Birthday Wishes

While it comes bittersweet, (another year older,,ugghh) today is my birthday or as I like to say my 4th annivarsary of my 29th birthday! If I had one birthday wish it would be for turning time back, so that I can once again feel the warth of the summer sun on my face as I cruise down the gravel road on JB, chasing the sunset on the last few miles before heading home. I love the fall season, don't get me wrong, but I hate what it means. It means many long nights spent in darkness, staring out the window overlooking the paddocks, waiting for spring to arrive. Riding in Northwest Montana during the winter is not for the faint of heart. most times the wind is howling here so badly it takes a small army to get hay fed out. Feeding in the dark twice a day and frozen fingers and toes. Soon, there will be those stormy nights that are bound to occur where Tom and I drag outselves out of the warm blankets to go out into the cold and throw extra hay to keep the fires going in the horses belly during cold windy weather.

So , if I can't go back in time maybe my wish will be for a speedy winter! Here's to birthday wishes , and hoping they really do come true!

No comments: