Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Where the Hell is Spring????

Cover your ears.. I am going to bitch...and swear... a little..

Snowshowers , hail and thunder storms with snow since last weekend. That is what we have been dealing with. It hasn't accumulated to much more than a couple of inches on the valley floors but several feet are reported in the mountain. It's been one snow squall after another for days.

I get it , really, I live in Northwest Montana, I KNOW we can get snow, even the occasional freak storm in June but THIS??? We haven't even hit 60 yet this spring.. nope not once!! In fact we have only had one or two days in the low 50's We even broke a record since 1917 for not hitting 60 degrees by this time of the year.

GLOBAL WARMING?? my ass ... ( I warned you to cover your ears)

So, when Tamara over at IntheNightFarms posted on FB that she was doing sprints in shorts in the sunshine (while I was looking out at my snow and ice covered horses) I posted that I wanted to cry... she gave me some great advice and I think I'll take her advice..

Excuse me while I go build a snow man and proceed to blow it to smitherenes....

4 comments:

cheyenne jones said...

Sorry to hear that! The sun is cracking the paving slabs here!

Dale and Teresa said...

I remember snow on the 4th of July in Troy. And if your blowing up the snowman, we want video!! Sending sunny thoughts your way...

Jonna said...

That would have made gret video footage but the sun actually came out and ruined my plan.!!. Guess that worked out for the better! Supposed to be in the 50's for the next couple of days..

Keep sending warm thoughts of sunshine! It's working!

Tammy Vasa said...

We should be in full blown spring right now and it just isn't happening. We had snow last week. I thought I was going to go mad! I looked thru my pictures and my trees bloomed April 22 last year. Not going to happen this year yet. I feel your pain.