Thursday, July 16, 2009

10 Honest Scraps




Ok- I'll bite- a couple of fellow horse bloggers out there passed the Honest Scrap award on to me; Karens Musings and Other Endurance Ride Stuff http://enduranceridestuff.com/blog/ and Confessions of a Struggling Dressage Rider http://dressagerider.wordpress.com/ so I will do my part and pass it on. First line of business however is that there are a few rules with this award.

Recognize your award presenter and link back to their blog in your post List 10 honest things about yourself that others might not know. Present this award to 10 admirable bloggers and link to their blogs. Leave a comment on your recipients’ blogs to let them know to visit your post to retrieve their award.
I will start by saying that I don't really follow too many blogs and unfortunately I can't pass it on to anyone that apparently hasn't already received it...I am sure no one wants it twice so I will spare you but for what it's worth here are my two cents.

Here are 10 honest scraps about me:

1. My undergrad studies were sociology/archeology.
2. I am afraid of large machinery , it might go out of control and attack me, (don't laugh, there are alot of us out there like this!) but wouldn't think twice about galloping a horse at speeds that might be illegal on some streets.
3. I love to garden but hate weeding so I don't garden anymore other than a couple of tomatoes and peppers occasionally.
4. One of my favorite authors is Steinbeck.
5. I just bought a Duett saddle from Mel over at Mels Boots and Saddles.
6. I have always wanted to write a book but I vapor lock when I try to think about what the book would be about.
7. My first horse was an ex barrel horse, a beautiful Palomino Quarter Horse who lived to age 32. My first Pony was a white Shetland pony who was a retired circus pony.
8. I knew I wanted to do endurance the first summer I lived in Montana and started riding the trails with my horse Rebel.
9. I have two brothers and one sister.
10. I hope to see Spain, New Zealand, and Italy some day.












1 comment:

ellescee said...

Ahh! Steinbeck is my ultimate, most favorite author of all times. Isn't Grapes of Wrath absolutely delicious? Even though it's so wrought with grief, you can feel and taste the scenes he describes. I keep wanting to re-read it for the third time, maybe now I will.