Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Human Horse Relationship

I ran across this video a couple years ago. I often go back to watch it. I have watch it probably 50 times, maybe more and each time, it send chills up my spine. Each time, I am in awe at the sheer mastery of horsemanship of this rider and the profound relationship he has developed with his horse. Leaving the highly heated debate of the Spanish Bull Fighting aside, one cannot argue the fact that this duo has something special, something earned. Those of us striving to develop a deeper relationship, better communication or just better riding skills. take note. There is alot going on between man and horse in this video that most of us can only begin to grasp.

I don't know about any of you, I find this video an inspiration.

I encourage you to appreciate the tradition that this sport is steeped, look past the graphic content , and truly watch to see some amazing horsemanship unfold before your eyes.



Warning- somewhat graphic content

2 comments:

Dom said...

I have always loved Merlin. I would kill to ride a horse like that. He's so AGILE and talented. They do similar exercises with horses minus the bull in 'working equitation':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5895K-Xjupk

Jonna said...

Yes, I have seen that as well. Very impressive. It would be a dream to have a chance to ride Merlin, but I also know he didn't get that way without Pablo..